January 2013 Issue
On sale 11 December
Master shooting in darkness
The January 2013 issue is packed with 164 pages of technique, expert advice & inspiration to help you improve your photo skills, including mastering shooting after dark with features on night photography and painting with light. We also show you how to make the most of glorious winter coastal sunsets, creating abstract still life images from paper, capturing both day and night in a single image and how to shoot a simple but stunning low key portrait using natural light. Creative Eye poses the challenge of Christmas decorations to three photographers and we speak to Tim Tadder and Lara Jade in this month's Cutting Edge. We also find out if the Lensbaby Spark and Pentax K-5 II are worth your hard-earned in Budget Photo and Camera Test.
• 164 pages of technique, ideas & expert advice for digital SLR and CSC photographers, including:
• Mastering the dark: Our top techniques for shooting at night and having fun with light paiting.
• Budget Photo: We put the funky £80 Lensbaby Spark to the test. How will it stand up?
• The Complete Picture: Everything you need to know about capturing high=speed images bursting with action.
• Creative Eye: Three photographers are put to the test using Christmas decorations!
• Practical photo techniques covering a range of subjects including photographing coastal sunsets, abstract paper still life, how to shoot low-key portraits in natural light and capturing day to night transition landscapes.
• Test Centre: We test out the new Pentax K-5 II with surprise results!
The January 2013 issue is on sale Tuesday 11 December.
Print Back Issues:
Back issues for the UK cost £5 (inc. p&p). To order by credit card phone 0844 249 0482 or send a cheque stating which issue you'd like and made payable to Dennis Publishing Ltd to:
Digital SLR Photography Back Issues
800 Guillat Avenue
Kent Science Park
SEARCH OUR GALLERIES