September 2013 Issue
On sale Tuesday 13 August
Improve your skills: The Great Outdoors
The September 2013 issue is packed with 164 pages of technique, expert advice & inspiration to help you improve your photo skills, including part four of our Expert Guide to Portraits. We also show you how to capture movement in landscapes, create colourful polarised still-lifes using a tablet computer, take fisheye fun portraits, photograph poppy fields,and shoot and process ethereal butterfly images. This month's Budget Photo is a budget introduction to infrared photography. There's more – we speak to moody landscape photographer Mikko Lagerstedt and reveal Nikon's behind the scenes technology at Wimbledon 2013. Understand Your Camera covers ISO and we tell you everything you need to know about shooting sports and action in Getting Started. Our pro Canon EOS 5D Mk III long-term field test comes to its conclusion and this month's lens test covers ultra wide-angle lenses.
164 pages of technique, ideas & expert advice for digital SLR and CSC photographers, including:
• Understand Your Camera: This new series covers your camera's basics, this month we look at the fundamentals of ISO.
• Budget Photo: We discover a budget infrared filter that delivers great results!
• Ultimate Guide to Portraits: Part four of our new extensive portrait series covers lenses and how your choice of focal length affects your portrait images.
• Creative Eye: Three photographers are put to the test using paint as their subject.
• Practical photo techniques covering a range of subjects including movement in landscapes, cross-polarised still-lifes, fun fisheye portraits, poppy landscapes and dream-like butterflies.
• Cutting Edge: we speak to rising star Mikko Lagerstedt and reveal some cutting-edge technology Nikon employed at this year's Wimbledon tournament.
• Test Centre: The Canon EOS 5D Mk III has been put throug hits paces by pro Lee Frost - here's his verdict. Our lens test series continues with ultra wide-angles - which is the best?
• Collectable covers: the September issue is avaikable in four different collectable covers - visit our Facebook page to vote for your favourite and you could win a Canon EOS 700D!
The September 2013 issue is on sale Tuesday 13 August.
Print Back Issues:
Back issues for the UK cost £5 (inc. p&p). To order by credit card phone 0844 249 0482 or send a cheque stating which issue you'd like and made payable to Dennis Publishing Ltd to:
Digital SLR Photography Back Issues
800 Guillat Avenue
Kent Science Park
SEARCH OUR GALLERIES